Thursday, June 14, 2018

A Disney Wedding!

Inspired by posts I've been seeing on Instagram, as well as the new Disney Fairytale Weddings series on Freeform, I'm sharing how we incorporated a love of Disney (read: MY love of Disney) into our wedding. Having been with me for 7 years prior to getting married, my husband was well aware of my love of Disney. Knowing how happy Disney makes me, he was more than willing to incorporate Disney touches into our wedding. I began figuring out what I wanted as any bride would: by consulting Pinterest.

our wedding pinterest board

As our ideas came together, I then turned to my husband-to-be to take all of my ideas and create them into something fantastic. He is a graphic designer, so we were able to create many things in-house, inspired by things seen on Pinterest and Etsy. What we weren't able to create ourselves, we were able to get from designers on Etsy.

This was the basis of the design throughout our invitations, inspired by multiple designs seen on Pinterest. We also incorporated Disney font into the design.



Within my bouquet, my mother incorporated the Mr and Mrs Disney pins. She also up-cycled a plain secondhand ring bearer pillow into this Disney pillow. 

Take a closer look at the yellow flowers in the middle...a hidden Mickey!

My brother-in-law gave this to my husband in tribute to their uncle, my husband's godfather. Grumpy was his favorite character. 


For our table decorations, we incorporated rose petals (from Beauty and the Beast) with a centerpiece of a Disney couple, which doubled as our table identifier. There were coloring pages and crayons at each table of different Disney couples. We also had small packages of butter mints, wrapped in black, red, and yellow packaging. 


Both our cake topper and our guest book were purchased through shops on Etsy. 


This may have been one of my favorite DIY pieces from our wedding...and a perfect card holder too!

Along with Disney touches in the designs, we also incorporated Disney music into our reception. Our first dance song was to the song "All for Love" by Bryan Adams, Rod Stewart and Sting, from the 1993 film The Three Musketeers (if you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it.) We also utilized a playlist of Disney songs for our dollar dance.
--"You'll Be in My Heart" from Tarzan
--"Beauty and the Beast"
--"Can You Feel the Love Tonight" from The Lion King
--"Married Life" from Up
--"A Whole New World" from Aladdin
--"Kiss the Girl" from The Little Mermaid
--"Bella Notte" from Lady and the Tramp
--"Once Upon a Dream" from Sleeping Beauty
--"So This is Love" from Cinderella

Overall, after talking with our guests, we felt that while we had a very Disney wedding, it was done in a tasteful, not over the top way, which is what we were going for.

To read more about other ways people incorporated some Disney magic into their special day, check out these posts from WDW Radio.

Disney Details on your Wedding Day pt. 1
Disney Details on your Wedding Day pt. 2 <----there may be some things you recognize ;)
Disney Details on your Wedding Day pt. 3
Ultimate Disney Wedding Song Playlist

1 comment: